Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I ain't a zombie no more.

I forget about growing old by living one day at a time. Because I don't feel old. That is, at the moment. Today. Now. So I am wrapped up in today. And I feel good. Vibrant. With it. Of course, if I start thinking ahead, to 10 or 20 years from now, I start to imagine myself at 85 or 95. And that can be a little bit scary. A fair chance that I might not even be around to celebrate my birthdays. Or if I am, I may be old and decrepit. But I quickly remind myself. Today is today. Savor it. You feel good. See, I've learned to focus. On the moment. I spent too much of my earlier years out of focus. Out of sync. Worrying about tomorrow. Or just being plain oblivious of the fact that I have the opportunity to be an alive and conscious being. Rather than a zombie going through the motions of being alive. --Jim Broede

No comments: