Sunday, September 12, 2010

If god lives forever, why not me?

I'm just feeling my way through life. Half the time I don't know what I'm doing. But there's something nice about that. Makes life a bit of an adventure. Because I have no idea what's coming next. Maybe there's a surprise around the corner. I had no idea after Jeanne died that I'd find another love. That was the remotest thought from my mind. I thought I'd never be able to love again. That I was too old and worn out for another romance. But then, I've always just let life evolve. What happens, happens. As if fated. Seems to me I'm living a storied life. Almost as if it's written. There's a beginning, a middle and an end. And I'm in no hurry to get to the end. I'd just as soon that the story went on forever. Maybe it will. Even when I die. I'll just end up in another dimension. And my life will be an unending story. If god can live forever, why not me? Shouldn't I be given the same opportunity as god? I certainly can imagine living forever. I doubt that I'd ever get tired of life. Anyway, when I'm tired, I go to bed. I go to sleep. And when I wake, I feel rested and ready for another day. Of surprises. Or whatever comes. --Jim Broede

No comments: