Friday, September 10, 2010

Maybe we're all a piece of god.

I think it's relatively easy believing in god. Because it's difficult, if not impossible, to define god. God can be almost anything. God doesn't even necessarily have to be a being. God can just be an abstract concept. For all I know, god may be several things. Maybe there can be many gods. Not just a single god. I'll keep an open mind. I think I believe in god because I want to believe in god. If i didn't want to believe in god I'd call myself an atheist. But I'm a romantic. And it makes sense for a romantic to believe in god. Quite possibly a god of love. I think of my true love as my conduit to god. It's easier believing in god when one is in love. With another being. Or just with life itself. In my religion class in college, I disputed the existence of god. Because I wanted absolute proof. But that was stupid of me. I don't need proof. Because I can believe anything I want. Without proof. Just on the basis of faith. I suspect that god disapproves of organized religion. God would prefer that everyone go their individual way. I doubt that god has prescribed rules for us to follow. God probably just wants us to feel our way. And to try to make sense of what's going on around us. Maybe life itself is god. And we are all part of life. So that would make all of us a piece of god. --Jim Broede

No comments: