Thursday, October 21, 2010

And I'd laugh, too. In glee.

Even when I'm unhappy, I often can find reason to be happy. For instance, I'm unhappy about the state of politics in the USA. I think it's horrible. Idiots running for public office. And sometimes even getting elected. But that makes me happy, in a sense. Knowing that we Americans get what we deserve. If Republicans take control of congress this fall, as some of the pundits and pollsters expect, it will speed up the demise of the capitalist system. Because Republicans will mismanage and make economic conditions worse. Eventually, we'll have a revolution. Because the poor people and downtrodden will finally say enough is enough. And as I see the coming of the revolution, I'll be happy. Even joyous. Maybe even in my lifetime I'll have an opportunity to dance on the grave of American-style capitalism. Maybe there even would be a benefit from having Sarah Palin elected president. To have as our political elite the likes of Dick Armey and Newt Gingrich and Ron Paul and Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter and Glenn Beck. Yes, America would become the laughing stock of the world. And I'd laugh, too. In glee. Over the demise of something dirty and rotten. --Jim Broede

No comments: