Thursday, October 21, 2010

I'd rather savor life.

Give it time. The bitterness goes away. Life returns to normal again. Even better than normal. If one learns acceptance. And gets on with life. My Jeanne died almost 4 years ago. I can still talk to her spirit. And I'm still able to fall in love again. And live in Italy with my new love in the winter. And in Minnesota with my new love in the summer. I'm 75. And I've discovered that life is good. Always has been. Even when I didn't know it. But now I know it. I had a very good life. With Jeanne. Before Jeanne. After Jeanne. Look at the big picture. Rather than a sad moment. Overall, life is good. Very good. I have no desire to trade my life for something else. Despite the occasional travails. No bitterness. Because that would just pull me down. I'd rather savor life. --Jim Broede

No comments: