Tuesday, October 26, 2010

To hell with the public mood.

I try not to pay too much attention to the public mood. Because the public can be easily manipulated. By the experts. And I'm not an expert. So I just have to accept the public mood. As real. I don't have to like it. But it is what it is. The successful politicians tend to capture the public mood. They know how to say the things that get them elected. If I wanted to get elected to public office, I'd have a keen understanding of the public mood. Wouldn't matter if I liked it or not. I'd just say what I had to say. And I'd create a persona that's likeable to the public in general. I'd sell my self. I'd make myself into a product. That people would buy. It's all in the marketing. Personally, I'm not trying to sell myself. I don't want to be purchased. Instead, I just want to drift through life. Feeling that I've loved. And been loved, too. My gawd. That's all I need. Love. Love. Love. And to hell with the public mood. --Jim Broede

No comments: