Monday, November 29, 2010

A form of unintelligent life.

I am so much like an animal. My DNA, for instance, is supposed to be 98 percent similar to the DNA of a chimpanzee. Yes, a chimpanzee and I have a lot in common. I'm human. And that's supposed to make me elevated. An intelligent form of life. With a living soul. But some religions claim that animals don't have souls. That a chimpanzee doesn't have a soul. But I have a soul because my DNA is 2 percent different than that of a chimpanzee. I find that hard to believe. Anyway, if I have soul, I figure that even my two cats have souls. As well as the chimpanzees of this world. When it gets down to the nitty-gritty, we humans are no more than glorified animals. We certainly act like it. Evidenced by the ways we treat each other. You need evidence? Look at the politicians in the halls of Congress. Or look at the wars that we seem to be constantly waging. I'm sure that an advanced civilization visiting Earth would see us humans as just another species of animal. A form of unintelligent life. --Jim Broede

No comments: