Saturday, November 20, 2010

I wanna fool the people.

Sometimes, I sit down at the computer. And don't know what to think, or do. I'm waiting for a thought to come. My mind seems to be a blank. And I don't like that. It's as if I'm wasting time. And not taking advantage of the moment. I was given a brain. A mind. And it's supposed to be active. Full of thoughts. But then, maybe it's time to put my mind to rest. Maybe the absence of thought is a good thing. Like when I go to sleep at night. If I'm thinking too much, maybe I won't fall asleep. Other times, I may be at a meeting. A boring meeting. I may be so bored that I become sleepy. And I drift away. Or maybe I wonder, what am I doing here? And I begin an experiment. To see if I can fall asleep with my eyes open. That would be a wonderful feat. To make people think I'm wide awake when I'm really in deep sleep. --Jim Broede

No comments: