Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I'll find solace in Italy.

To tell the truth, when I am in Italy this winter, I'll miss Minnesota. But not America. Yes, I am becoming disenchanted with America. With our political and economic systems. I am sickened by Republicans. And Tea Party conservatives. Politicians who favor the rich over the middle class and the poor. And I am disappointed, too, in the middle class and the poor. They allow the rich and the bankers and the big corporations to run the show. And to widen the gap between the rich and the poor. America has seen its better days. America is on the decline. America is wasting away. I hate to see it. Makes me sick. In mind. In body. In spirit. At least I won't have to be a witness to it all for a few months. Italy may have its problems. But I'll find solace there. With my true love. --Jim Broede

No comments: