Saturday, November 20, 2010

Often, a thought is sufficient.

I hate to pack. That's the worst part of traveling. Deciding what to take with me. A few precious belongings. One bag that I'll check. The other a small bag that I carry with me. On the plane. I'm not very efficient. I'll pack some wrong things. And I'll forget stuff. But I'll make do. I tell myself to pack well ahead of departure time. But I know that I'll wait til the last minute. I'm gonna be gone for almost three months. I imagine I'll be wearing the same things. Over and over. Maybe a week or 10 day supply of essentials. Underwear. Socks. Shirts. Pants. Sweaters. A jacket or two. Maybe two pairs of shoes. Walking shoes, for sure. Toiletries. Several books. Writing materials. A camera. Albeit, I don't like to take many pictures. It's too distracting. Trying to record a moment. I'd rather just store the moment in my mind. Forever. I don't need pictures. Just a thought. --Jim Broede

No comments: