Thursday, November 11, 2010

Something to ponder.

I'm proud of my father. For making a wise choice. Wise for him. When he committed suicide a long time ago. In 1949. His death was not a waste. As survivors, we learned from it. Why do you think that I savor life? Because I learned that we all have free choice. We can choose whether we want to truly live. Or to die. To be happy. Or not to be happy. Suicide is a legitimate option. And choosing to live is another option. Both are viable. And legitimate. Maybe my father didn't consciously know it. But he taught me something. I learned a whole lot from his suicide. It helped shape my life in a very positive way. By the way, we all can learn an immense amount from the so-called negatives in our lives. The negatives can be easily converted into positives. Think about it. --Jim Broede

No comments: