Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I ain't gonna abuse me.

I don’t understand why some people abuse themselves. They allow themselves to become nervous wrecks. By taking on too much. Trying to do too many things. I know of one who makes lists. Of hundreds of things to do. Daily. Just so she can feel overwhelmed. Well, that’s a classic case of abuse. She’ll even go to bed at night making the list for the next day. So that she can ruin her sleep. Thinking about it. Having nightmares about it. And this woman lives by other people’s schedules. Rather than her own. She’ll disrupt her day just to accommodate others. Rather than herself. Of course, she’d be much better off making herself number one. But maybe she’d think that was selfish. Another way to inflict self-abuse. Anyway, I learned long ago to avoid living like that. I like myself enough to be nice to myself. I ain’t gonna abuse me. –Jim Broede

1 comment:

Idahostevens said...

Well Jim I see you are still kicking.
Stopped by to say howdy.

John
idahostevens.com