Sunday, December 5, 2010

I do as I darn well please.

I don't always play by other people's rules. Instead, I prefer my own rules. As long as I don't infringe on others, I think that's perfectly okay. I know that I annoy some people. By playing by my rules. But they choose to be annoyed. They don't have to. They are merely bothered by the thought that I play by my rules. For instance, I have a rule to never vote for a Republican. Because they are generally despicible people. Of course, I'm not doing a Republican or anyone harm by my action. I'm not being physically violent. I'm just choosing not to vote for the ignorant cad. Sure, I'll call a Republican names. Such as ignorant cad. And that's not nice. But that really does no harm. Other than to one's ego. If I used sticks and stones, that would be another thing. I could break bones. But again, that's where I draw the line. Absolutely no physical violence. Every day I break rules. Such as jaywalking on the main street in my town. But I do it anyway. Because I prefer my own rule. Which allows me to jaywalk. In good conscience. I also like to violate the laws of common sense. For instance, common sense dictates that I not ride my bicycle on a snow-packed road. But I have no such prohibition in my rule book. And I do as I darn well please. Snow or no snow. --Jim Broede

No comments: