Sunday, December 5, 2010

The nature of my sense of humor.

I'd not hesitate calling myself crazy, nuts or bonkers. Because I am sort of weird. And I like those terms better than mentally ill. Of course, I consider myself quite sane. And well-balanced. With it, so to speak. So I would not be the least bit offended if I was called crazy, nuts or bonkers. In fact, I occasionally sign my name as Crazy Jim. I wear the name as a badge of honor. Some people tell me I shouldn't call other people such names. Especially if they are genuinely mentally ill. I buy that. But in casual conversation, I wouldn't mind calling the likes of almost any Republican crazy, nuts and bonkers. Because that implies some degree of humor. But some Republicans tell me they don't think it's funny. That only spurs me on. Makes it even more funny. Anyway, I think some people take life far too seriously. By quibbling over the terms crazy, nuts and bonkers. As if it's in poor taste. Or disrespectful. But then that's the nature of humor. At least my sense of humor. --Jim Broede

No comments: