Sunday, December 5, 2010

I'm my own leader.

Pardon me if I have little faith in many of the so-called experts. In virtually any field. Many of 'em know less than they pretend to know. They often operate in the dark. And at the very best, they take educated guesses. That goes for doctors. For economists. For politicians. For diplomats. For astronomers. For theologians. For philosophers. Just turn back the clock at any time. Whether it be 100 years ago. Or 1,000 years ago. Many of 'em were recognized as experts in their time. But they've been proven wrong. Many of today's 'experts' will face the same fate. Just give 'em time. I happen to take a laymen's perspective on many matters. Medical. Theological. And all kinds of theoretical stuff. And sometimes I figure my guess is as good as any expert. Heck, I can make up my mind about the nature of god. I don't need someone to tell me what to believe. I can figure things out for myself. By digging deep inside my spirit/soul. Who better to penetrate my interior than me? I'm not afraid to take a look. Doesn't scare me one bit. But still, people keep telling me I'm wrong. That I need to read and listen to the experts. Baloney. Thank you. But I'll feel my own way. I'll consider anyone's advice. But ultimately, I'm gonna follow me. I'm my own leader. --Jim Broede

No comments: