Sunday, December 5, 2010

Maybe even better than America.

One thing I like about my blog. I can write about virtually anything. Within the realm of human decency. If I go elsewhere, I can't always do that. For instance, I post almost daily on the Alzheimer's message board. Have for a long time. But there I can't be as free and open as I am in my blog. So on the message board I've learned to be better mannered. More polite. I follow the rules. Because the message board belongs to the Alzheimer's Association. And when in Italy this winter, I'll try to act more like an Italian than an American. I want to learn the Italian way. I'll even try to speak Italian. Speak their language. That's better than speaking mine. Especially if I want to be understood. But when it comes to my impressions of Italy and Italians, I'll tell it as i see it. In my blog. Warts and all. But I'm sure it's gonna be mostly nice stuff. Because I've been to Italy before. And I like the place. Maybe even better than America. --Jim Broede

No comments: