Friday, December 3, 2010

Obama, please pursue a decent life

I don't know about the rest of you. But I feel disenfranchised. Because I really don' t have a political choice. No matter whom I vote for, it ain't gonna make a difference. Our congressmen and senators and even our president are bought and paid for by oligarchs. By big business. I might as well just stay home. Why waste my time going to the polls? Sure, I could write in my name or that of someone else that I trust. But my vote ain't gonna make a difference. My vote won't even be counted. Won't be registered and reported in the final tally. I might as well live under one of the old communist regimes. In countries where one had to be a communist to even qualify for the ballot. Your only choices were communists. Well, in America, we have Republicans and Democrats and independents. But they are essentially all of the same ilk. Ready to sell their souls for a price. That's why many of 'em got into politics. To wheel and deal. Not to serve the common good. Yes, I sound cynical. Because I am. I have yet to find a politician that I trust. Even Obama has let me down. Let us all down. Everyone of us that voted for him. He's a better man than most of 'em. But he's still a politician. He ain't gonna change the game. Instead, the game is changing him. Corrupting him. If Obama had any sense of decency, he'd quit. Get out. And pursue a decent life. --Jim Broede

No comments: