Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Don't want to remain strangers.

I’m getting to know friends and acquaintances and relatives of my Italian true love. From merely talking to my true love. She tells me things. About their lives. And I’m fascinated. I want to learn more. By engaging them in conversation. Especially one in particular. Her brother. Of course, that’s difficult. Because he speaks Italian. And I speak English. So we need a translator. My true love can solve that problem. She speaks both English and Italian. Fluently. So I’m suggesting that she become the go-between. The translator of a conversation between her brother and me. Meant to better getting to know each other. But my true love must understand that I’d talk to her brother in a different manner that she would. I would get into philosophical discussions. Such as asking him, what is happiness? And how is it achieved? . I suspect that he’s a bit unhappy with his life. And questions like this may help me better understand him, and what he’s all about. See, I’m sort of nosey. For good reason. Because I want to know people. Truly know them. Not just superficially. But what makes them tick. My goal isn’t to change people. But instead, for us to stir curiosity. In each other. I’m curious about him. And I want him to be curious about me. For us to get more and more personal. With each other. I don’t want us to remain strangers. –Jim Broede

No comments: