Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I haven't missed newspapers.

Yesterday, I found English language newspapers for the first time in a month. On a newstand in Cagliari in Sardinia. Seems rather strange going for so long without newspapers that I'm able to read. But frankly, I haven't missed 'em. Despite the fact that I used to make my living writing for newspapers. Anyway, I'm now reading the London Times and the Manchester Guardian. In English. All about the gawd-awful shootings in Arizona. Anoher reason why I can survive without news from the USA. It's downright depressing and seems to me the political and social climate ain't gonna get better for a long time. Give me Italy instead. Especially in the hinterlands. Where they don't even sell English language newspapers. Another reason why I'm living in Paradise. --Jim Broede

No comments: