Monday, January 31, 2011

Where the spirit thrives.

I’m able to focus on only one love at a time. Makes me monogamous. Can’t fathom carrying on two love affairs at the same time. Impossible. Because true love needs to be focused. On one. I was that way when I was married to Jeanne. For 38 years. But she died 4 years ago. And now I’m in love again. And it seems so natural. To be focused. On love. As if I’m wearing blinders. Like a race horse. Only thing is, I’m not racing. I’m moving through life in slow motion. Savoring it all. Minute by minute. Maybe even instant by instant. I’m thinking that I was born to love. To feel the sweep of passion. Emotion. But in a soft and gentle and tender way. In a sense, life was meant to be more pleasant and tranquil and serene. Rather than exciting. I like the feeling of falling asleep in love. Drifting. Through the cosmos. Through all of Creation. Into another dimension. Where the spirit thrives. As if in Eden. In Paradise. –Jim Broede

No comments: