Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Getting on with their own lives.

I'm losing track of what's happening in the world. Not that it matters. Because like I have frequently said, I can't change the world scene. It's there. And stuff happens. So if I ignore it all, it won't make a difference. And it allows me to focus on the life immediately around me. In Sardinia. I have the good life here. With my true love. And for that I am thankful and appreciative. I'm a retiree. With an income that gets me by. Without having to go to work. Gives me a sense of freedom. The opportunity to enjoy life. Pretty much as it comes. Off the beaten track. Sardinians live on an island. In the Mediteranean Sea. Just south of the French island of Corsica. Where Napoleon was born. And Sardinia is 116 miles from the Italian boot. Which means if you are gonna arrive here, you have to come by plane or by boat. Though, I suppose you could swim if you had the stamina and the know-how and a foolhardy adventuresome spirit. For the most part, Sardinians mind their own business. They ain't big players on the world stage. And that's what I like about Sardinians. They just get on with their own lives. --Jim Broede

No comments: