Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Maybe I'm gonna run out of time.

In too many ways, I don't like what I've become. Oh, don't get me wrong. I like myself. I like being me. But I have faults. Shortcomings. I'm not perfect. Far from it. And so I strive to change. For the better. But sometimes it may be for the worse. Because I don't know where I'm going. I'm feeling my way. In the darkness. And I fail. And that can be discouraging. Until I remind myself that's exactly how one learns. By failing. Over and over again. Until one gets it right. That's why I need to live forever. So I have time to get it right. In a sense, I'm constantly making myself into a new being. I am evolving. I'd like to think that overall I'm a better being than I was when I came into this world. But sometimes, I wonder. Maybe I'm gonna run out of time. --Jim Broede

No comments: