Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I see 'em as court jesters.

I take life with a huge dose of humor. Even when I'm serious. Then I'm most funny. That goes for most people. They don't intend to be funny. And that in itself is funny. Hilarious. The moment that I consciously realize I'm being overly serious, I break out into a fit of laughter. And I tell myself to lighten up. To start acting more like a stand-up comic. I'd make a good one. By just getting up on stage. Without a script. And being me. Ridiculous me. Silly me. Much of life is absurd. Or so it seems. And that makes life funny. I look at the people around me. They look absurd. They act absurd. Take your average politician. What can be more idiotic and more absurd than a politician yapping away? Especially a Republican. Certainly, he's not to be taken seriously. I picture 'em all in a clown suits. Trying out for roles as court jesters. --Jim Broede

No comments: