Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I'm working on a Ph.D. In love.

I attribute much of my happiness to being in love. With someone. But I don't necessarily have to be in love with someone to be happy. Just as long as I'm in love with something. That's sufficient. For instance, I'm in love with writing. With nature. With life, in general. But being in love with someone. That's the best kind of love. Come to think of it, maybe I'm always in love with someone. If there's nobody else to love, I can always love myself. For being in love with the notion of love. For being me. A romantic idealist. A free-thinker. A liberal. A lover. Maybe I also should list myself as an explorer. Of the concept of love. When I went to college, I majored in English and history. But in the matter of actual life, I consider my major to be love. I'm working on a Ph.D. In love. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Saucy Siciliana said...

So true. It's nice to be happy with what you've got or about something you're passionate about. Just follow your heart!:) Best wishes for your Ph.D. :) Greetings from Sicily!