Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Making the most of winter.

After missing so much of winter by living in Italy, I’m learning it’s not too late. To enjoy winter. Like it or not. Because we’ve had a foot of heavy, wet snow overnight. Here in Minnesota. Despite the fact that, based on the calendar, spring arrived three days ago. That potentially disrupts my plan to pedal my bicycle at least 30 miles for the 10th day in a row. Of course, I’ll still get my daily exercise. My daily workout. Shoveling snow. And trudging down the snow-covered road. On foot. I’m hoping that the snow melts fast. So that I can maneuver on my bicycle before nightfall. Maybe I can still log 30 miles. A lot can change in a few hours. But I’ll adjust. Adapt. And make the most of winter wonderland. One way or another. –Jim Broede

No comments: