Saturday, March 26, 2011

Wine made to be shared.

I like things a little bit exotic. Yesterday, I bought a bottle of wine. But I didn’t want just any kind of wine. I asked for wine from Sardinia. Because I just spent the winter in Sardinia. And it would have been inappropriate for me to drink wine from any other region. I was there. And I wanted to capture the flavor of Sardinia. To savor it in Minnesota. To me, that’s exotic. And romantic. And the right thing. Interestingly, I was able to find a bottle of Sardinian wine in my little community tucked away in a small town in another side of the world. Now I’m debating when to open the wine. A nice red wine. Think I’ll wait until I’m invited to a neighbor’s for dinner. This wine should be shared. That makes it even more special. Meanwhile, I purchased two bottles of beer. One from Russia. The other from Salzburg in Austria. I have no qualms having a beer with dinner. At home. Even when I’m alone. But Sardinian wine is made to be sipped with other people. –Jim Broede

No comments: