Saturday, April 23, 2011

By my definition of moderation.

I don’t over-do the exercise. I’m moving in moderation all of the time. If I had to, I could keep going for hours. Non-stop. Because I proceed at a comfortable pace. Whether I’m bicycling or walking. If I had to, I could bicycle 100 miles in a day. That is, if I were going something like 10 miles an hour. Then it’d take me 10 hours to go 100 miles. That’s a pace I could handle. I don’t have any plan to do it. But I’m convinced I could. I think 30 to 40 miles a day is an easy workout. It doesn’t tire me. Instead, it relaxes me. Revitalizes me. Stimulates me. It’s the way I live. The way I stay alive. By staying in motion. I was born to move. To exercise. Moderately. I was born to think, too. And I do that every day. And I was born to write. And I do that, too. Daily. And I was born to be a romanticist. And a free thinker. And a liberal. And a lover. And I do it all in moderation. By my definition of moderation. --Jim

No comments: