Wednesday, April 27, 2011

To not be manipulated.

I like a crisis now and then. Because a crisis usually forces one to make a decision. To resolve the crisis. That’s better than staying in limbo. Better than postponing decisions forever. I think it’s a crisis when an idiot takes charge of the world. Takes charge of the political scene. Or tries to manipulate the lives of others. Especially if it’s the manipulation of me. But often, the manipulated one isn’t me. Rather someone that I know. And I always tell ‘em, don’t allow yourself to be manipulated. Because manipulation is generally a source of unhappiness. Acute and lingering unhappiness. The point I wish to make is that the world is full of manipulators. You find ‘em everywhere. They can’t be avoided. But one can outwit, out-manipulate the gross manipulators. Maybe by being a bit ruthless. By standing up for one’s rights. To not be manipulated. –Jim Broede

No comments: