Thursday, May 19, 2011

I'm gonna plant daisies.

I like the feeling of getting up in the morning and going to the computer. To write. But not knowing exactly what I want to write. So I have to think of something. Or maybe I decide that it’s best to not write. But inevitably, a thought comes to mind. Like this one. Or maybe it isn’t even a thought. But I know better. I can’t stop from thinking. That I’m in love, for instance. And that precipitates nice thoughts. Positive thoughts. My eyes are open. And I see. Out the windows. At the spring greenery. And I tell myself, I’m gonna plant flowers today. Daisies. A big patch of daisies. Oh, I’ll start small. I’ve been looking for painted daisies. And in the process, I’ve discovered all sorts of daisies. Daisies come to mind. Because my true love likes daisies. She showed me pictures of painted daisies. And I wondered for a moment if these were real. Maybe just made-up flowers. Painted on a canvas. But turns out they were photographs. Of actual daisies. And I thought I’d like access this summer to real daisies. So that I could just look at them. And maybe pick a bouquet. And give home-grown daisies to my true love. –Jim Broede

No comments: