Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sort of a contradiction, isn't it?

If you ain’t a true lover, this blog may not be for you. Because I cater to lovers. Especially lovers of life. Haters of life should stay away. Many of ‘em in a state of depression. Or anguish. Because they aren’t in love. With anything. In a sense, they might as well be dead. I’d prefer that they be alive. And exuberant. But that’s their choice. Maybe they have the misfortune of being diseased. Mentally. Something in their lives went awry. That happens. Some call it shit. Really, it’s circumstance. My father was that way. He opted out. Committed suicide. When he was still relatively young. Only 38. I would have hated to die. At 38, or any age. Because I’m in love. With life. But I understand why some people don’t love life. Don’t even like it in the remotest way. I think that’s sad. Especially if they downright hate life. And try to rob others of happiness. Some even go on killing sprees. They like to see people die. Bin Laden was that sort, I guess. Hitler, too. Many of ‘em are suicidal. They don’t wanna live. But the saddest cases are the ones that wanna take the rest of the world with ‘em. Into oblivion. Or into an imaginary world of voluptuous virgins. Sort of a contradiction, isn’t it? –Jim Broede

No comments: