Saturday, May 7, 2011

Welcome aboard.

Something funny happened on the way to this blog. It started out as sort of hate-filled. Not by me. But by the followers. The people who showed up daily. To lambaste. Because they were annoyed with me. For questioning their motives. As care-givers. For their loved ones. Afflicted with Alzheimer’s. For a while, I took them on. In another forum. On the Alzheimer’s message boards. But that proved inappropriate. I was too limited in what I could say. Because I wasn’t the one setting the ground rules. So I started my own blog. In order to have more freedom of expression. Able to say what I wanted to say. Anyway, the blog has evolved. In interesting ways. Different ways. Often, it’s been an ode to love. Broodings, too. Random thoughts. Philosophical, and otherwise. Anything goes. Because I like to meander. And really not know where I’m going. I don’t have to follow rules. I merely follow my whims. Meanwhile, many of the original followers of broodings have fallen by the wayside. Gotten on with their lives. Maybe even died. And there’s a new set of followers. A select few. Positive thinkers. Curious folks. I like that. The negative comments are nearly gone. Most readers don’t comment at all. Which is just fine. I sense, instead, that people who visit my blog are good listeners. And lovers of life. Exactly what I’ve been looking for. Right from the beginning. Welcome aboard. –Jim Broede

No comments: