Sunday, June 12, 2011

I give more than I take.

I’m a loner. Like to go my own way. But still, I like people. Especially strangers. People that I don’t know. I like to find out things about ‘em. Interesting things. Out of curiosity. I don’t cultivate very many friendships. Maybe because it takes time. Friends deserve my time. And I have only so much time. Not enough time for many friends. I have time for acquaintances. Because they don’t require nearly as much time and attention as a friend. I try to give a true friend as much time as he/she needs/requires. I generally don’t require much time from my friends. Because I’m quite self-sufficient. Friends require more time from me than I require from them. I like to give more than I take. I tend to not be very demanding of my friends. Because I don’t want to impose. And besides, I’m very much a lone wolf. –Jim Broede

No comments: