Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I can see.

I write about life. From my perspective. Maybe that’s better than writing about life from your perspective. Because I can’t get inside you the same way I can get inside me. Maybe that’s narcissistic. I really don’t care what it’s called. All I know is that I’m reasonably comfortable with myself. Seeing life. From inside me. I mull over life daily. Life inside me. Life outside me. I was given this physical body. And a mind. I know it’s me. And I’m always trying to figure out who and what I am. And I’m asking questions. Why am I here? For what purpose? And does there have to be a purpose? Oh, I give life meaning. Or at least I try to. But the meaning can change from day to day. And I don’t ever fully know what to expect. Which makes most days sort of adventurous. In fact, some days wildly adventurous. I take life as it comes. And then deal with it the best way I can. Or for that matter, maybe in something less than the best way. Because I often don’t know what’s best. But that’s all right. I’m entitled to feel my way. As if I were a blind man. But I'm really not blind. I can see. –Jim Broede

No comments: