Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I'm exercising on three fronts.

I’ve gotta keep moving. Physically. Mentally. Emotionally. Yes, I have to practice three-pronged exercise. Daily. I don’t want to miss a beat. I think that’s the way one stays alive. It’s all right to do all of this in slow motion. In a relaxed and casual way. The important thing is to do it. I’ve been out riding my bicycle. And walking. And gardening. And shopping. And now I’m writing. And to get revved up, emotionally, I’m tuning in the Cubs baseball game now and then. And I’m getting pissed. Because the Cubs are losing their third straight game to last place Houston. Looks like the Cubs will get swept. And it won’t be long before the Cubs are in last place. Maybe with the worst record in baseball by the end of the season. Thank gawd for the Cubs. They are giving me my emotional exercise for the day. But hey, it ain’t all bad news. I’ll contact my true love in Sardinia later this afternoon. On Skype. An audio/video hook-up. In living color. Another reminder that I’m in love. Yes, I’m exercising on all three fronts. Physical. Mental. Emotional. –Jim Broede

No comments: