Friday, June 17, 2011

My sense of curiosity.

I take issue with people. Disagree with ‘em. But I’m not out to change people. Because I don’t have that power. People can only change themselves. My goal is to understand people. To learn what makes them tick. And what motivates ‘em. Then it’s easier dealing with people. I try to put myself in other people’s shoes. Into their circumstances. Even into their minds. And I like to learn things about people. All sorts of things. Just out of curiosity. I’ll readily carry on a conversation with a stranger. I want to know something significant about him/her. Within the first five minutes. And usually, that peaks my interest. Makes me want to know more. I wasn’t always that way. Used to be that I ignored strangers. And I wondered why. Didn’t seem right. Felt like I was missing opportunities. I decided I was put on Earth. To be curious. So that’s what I practice. Daily. My sense of curiosity. –Jim Broede

No comments: