Friday, June 3, 2011

Why god created me.

I’m happy because I choose to be happy. Really, that’s the bottom line. I am what I am. I am free to choose. On how I take life. If I don’t like what’s happening in the world, I can be unhappy about it. And lament. And anguish. Or I can find something else to focus on. Something that makes me happy. I’m well aware that I’m not going to change the world. But still, I recognize the many, many opportunities to be happy. Despite the ample reasons to be unhappy. Occasionally, I’m happy when I look at unhappy people. That makes me thank god that I’m not like them. That I know how to be happy. Some happy people begrudge my happiness. Because they have the curious notion that everybody should be unhappy. The misery-likes-company syndrome. But I refuse to acquiesce. I refuse to join ‘em. No depression for me. I was put on Earth to be happy. That’s why god created me. So that there would be at least one happy being on Earth. –Jim Broede

No comments: