Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Diverting the need to grumble.

I happen to think grumbling is very good and therapeutic for people who have a need or compulsion to grumble. It's a nice outlet. I don't have a particular need to grumble. But I like to go to a grumbling thread on the Alzheimer's message boards. To gain insights. Understandings. I personally like to avert my own grumbling. And go for alternatives to grumbling. But that's just me. I like to see other people grumble. Because it's mostly good for them. Whatever provides relief. I'd rather go out and exercise. Real hard. Rather than grumble. But again, that's just me. I'd even rather read a good book and divert my mind that way. Or converse with my true love about the nature of true love. And I also find that I have less reason to grumble when I hear other people grumble. Often, it makes me think I'm blessed. To get through a day without having to grumble. But golly. One thing for sure. If I have a need to grumble, I'm gonna grumble. And nobody is gonna stop me. I won't even mind if people begin to call me Grumbling Jim instead of Crazy Jim. Another thing, I find that humor diverts the need to grumble. --Jim Broede

No comments: