Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I like my story. My life.

Seems to me that I’ve always lived a storybook existence. From the very day that I became conscious. Aware. That I was a living human being. Not only with a mind. But with a spirit. It’s been a glamorous life. As a youngster. Growing up in Chicago and a small town in southeast Wisconsin. Going to college. Majoring in English and History. Spending three years in the U.S. Army. Mostly on assignment. In Germany. And writing for newspapers. In Wisconsin. In Florida. In Minnesota. Falling in love. With my dear Jeanne. My wife for 38 years. Until she died of Alzheimer’s in 2007. And now I’m in love again. With an Italian. Spending much of my life living in Italy. I travel around the world. To exotic places. Such as Scotland, Iceland, Germany. I’m retired. A free man. In my 75th year. Yes, I like my story. My life. –Jim Broede

No comments: