Sunday, July 17, 2011

I've seen it all today.

I know ugly and beauty when I see it. And today I’ve seen both. Maybe the ugliest man in the world. Rupert Murdoch. The media tycoon. I can’t ever recall seeing an uglier man. Old. Decrepit. I’d cast him as Scrooge. Before Scrooge found his soul. A miser. A villain. A scoundrel. Of course, I’ve only seen Murdoch in photos and on television. But that’s enough. A man that ugly, I wouldn’t want to see in the flesh. Maybe it’s that I perceive Murdoch as more or less soulless. That adds to his ugliness. Murdoch contrasts with my Italian true love. She’s the most beautiful woman in the world. A combination of inner beauty and outer beauty. The total package. She has a beautiful soul. A magnificent presence. Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful. In every which way. Yes, I’ve seen it all today. Sheer ugliness. Sheer beauty. –Jim Broede

No comments: