Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Added all up, I'm a good guy.

I play at being what I am. And that makes me good at life. Because I play at it virtually every day. I'm not necessarily excellent at what I do. But I'm good. Good enough. I give myself an overall rating of 'B' for good rather than 'A' for excellent. Shows that I'm somewhat modest and humble. I'm a good writer. A good exercise freak. A good romanticist. A good human being. Maybe I'm not great at anything. But I'm damn good at some things. I'm all right as a writer. Because I write and write and write. I practice. I'm not an exceptional writer. Never will be. Wait a minute. On second thought, I'm exceptional when it comes to writing love letters. Even far better than good. Thing is, I'm good in the way I want to be good. By my standards. I don't live by other people's rules. I prefer my own. I also think I'm a darn good amateur psychoanalyst. I can psychoanalyze myself, and other people. Accurately. Also, I'm a good Chicago Cubs fan. And I have a good sense of humor. And I'm a good liberal. And a good free-thinker. In fact, I'm a good thinker, period. Added all up, I'm a good guy. --Jim Broede

No comments: