Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I can pretend that I know it all.

Could be that many people don’t know what they believe. About anything. Politics. Economics. Social issues. They merely drift through each day. Mark time. Don’t even get to know themselves. Or other people more than perfunctorily. Occasionally, I think that describes me. In that I’m constantly feeling my way through life. I don’t know what to believe. Or how to deal with people. But I’m learning. Often, that I’ve been wrong about this and that. So I remake myself. My attitudes. My opinions. Guess that’s better than being static. And concluding that I know it all. Sometimes, I think I know very little. But still, that doesn’t discourage me. Because I’m naturally curious. I have a desire to learn. Despite knowing that I won’t ever know it all. Because that’s impossible. I wasn’t created to know it all. And I accept that. Which allows me to use my imagination. So that I can pretend that I know it all. –Jim Broede

No comments: