Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I wonder if there's pure hate.

Republicans hate Obama as much as I despise Republicans. Maybe that explains why I hold many conservative Republicans in such a low esteem. They hate. I dislike people that hate. I don’t hate ‘em. I just despise ‘em. I try to avoid sinking to the same depth as a hateful Republican. I avoid hate. Because it’s wrong to hate. A grievous sin. Hate is intense hostility and aversion. Deriving from fear, anger or sense of injury. Extreme dislike or antipathy. Loathing. I haven’t sunk to that feeling toward Republicans. But some Republicans have such feelings toward Obama. And I think it’s largely because he’s black. These Republicans are racists. Deep into their souls. That causes me – more than anything - to dislike Republicans. As for hate, I can’t say that I truly hate anything. Or anybody. I don’t even hate people that hate. I pity ‘em. And feel sad about their plight. With some Republicans, it doesn’t matter what stand Obama takes on an issue. They are against it. Even if Republicans once espoused the same position. Republicans would sell out their own nation to defeat Obama. They would even sell their souls, if they had a soul left to sell. I find this fascinating. Such a degree of hatred of another human being. It’s incredible. Almost beyond belief. I’ve heard of pure love. And believe in pure love. Some far right Republicans make me wonder if there’s such a thing as pure hate. –Jim Broede

No comments: