Wednesday, August 17, 2011

How often has god been wrong?

I’m not sure if the outcome of one’s life is determined by pure luck or pre-determined fate. I sway back and forth. If it’s luck, random chance comes into play daily. If by fate, maybe a higher force has control. And manipulates everything. Maybe I’d rather it be luck. Because then I can be the manipulator. And steer myself in certain directions. Taking calculated risks. Hoping I’ll chose a path that brings good luck. If there’s a god and he’s all-knowing, life would be pre-determined, it seems to me. If god doesn’t know what’s gonna happen next – well, then he ain't as advertised. All knowing. And that’ll upset some true believers. Personally, I have no problem believing in a god that doesn’t know everything. Makes him a little more human. Capable of making mistakes. And maybe his biggest mistake was creation. Although, there’s a possibility that creation existed before god. And Christians and other religions give him credit for something he never did. The popular view is that creation needs a beginning. But I’m suggesting that creation always was. That it never had a beginning. And quite possibly it may never have an end. I don’t necessarily buy into the concept that everything needs a beginning and an end. In which case, god didn’t have to bother with creation. It was ready-made. And that would make god a mere observer. A spectator. Trying to guess what’s gonna happen next. I’ll bet he’s being highly entertained by it all. Making wild guesses. I’m curious to know. How often has god been wrong? –Jim Broede

No comments: