Saturday, August 13, 2011

I'd rather think in terms of forever.

Ultimately, I suppose we’re all responsible for ourselves. We are what we are. Because we choose to be. We have the ability to change. To become something else. But it’s up to us to make the change. Individually. I can’t change you. You can’t change me. At least, that’s the way I see it. So, if I’m a jerk, it’s because I choose to be a jerk. I don’t have to be one. Of course, I could claim that I’m a jerk because society made me a jerk. But that’s a cop-out. I have a sense that I don’t have to be what I am. I can change. And believe me, I keep evolving. I’m in a state of transition. Virtually all of the time. Because that’s what I wanna be. I don’t wanna be static. Don’t wanna be exactly the same being forever and ever. That would be horrid. Because then I would have learned nothing. I’d rather feel my way through life. And risk making mistakes. Even serious mistakes. Thing is. Nothing ventured. Nothing gained. So I’m gonna try living life. To the fullest. Right up to the last day. And my most fervent wish is that there not be a last day. I’d rather think in terms of forever. –Jim Broede

No comments: