Thursday, August 18, 2011

The rich could become our saviors.

America is a wealthy country. The wealthiest in the world. And America could solve its economic problems. Almost with a snap of the fingers. Easily. Merely by redistributing the wealth. Now a huge portion of the wealth is in the pockets of the richest few. Maybe 2 or 3 percent of the population controls most of the wealth. Well, if I had my druthers, I’d take from the richest, and stabilize the economy with the proceeds. Put everyone back to work. Rebuild the nation’s infrastructure. Create social programs that serve the common good. At the expense of the rich. And then I’d honor the rich for their contributions. For saving the nation. For doing the right thing. I’d erect statues of the richest. And call them patriots. Saviors of the world’s richest country during hard economic times. –Jim Broede

No comments: