Sunday, August 7, 2011

A sense of humor would help.

I’m learning. Every day. Without miss. Something. Maybe it’s only trivial stuff some days. But many, many times, it’s things that help shape a better life. Intellectually. Emotionally. In very significant ways. Maybe I should learn more. Maybe I never learn enough. But I’m not gonna let that bother me. I’ll proceed at my own pace. And be thankful that I’m capable of learning. Anything. Certainly that’s better than nothing. Anyway, it’s a fascinating life. Spending almost all of my time learning. It’s as if I’m in school every day. And I have so many teachers. Everybody I meet is a potential teacher. Whether they know it or not. Nice thing is that I don’t even have to pay them. But I often do. With a simple thank you. Even the most stupid people in the world teach me something. Republicans, for instance. They teach me how to counter ignorance with humor. Good-natured humor. Even though some Republicans are too dumb to recognize it. Maybe it’s that they lack a sense of humor. –Jim Broede

No comments: