Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The war that ends all wars.

Can't say that I'm totally against warfare. Because there may be such a thing as a good war. Especially if it's class warfare. I'm for poor people and the middle class declaring war against rich people. Particularly the filthy rich. Millionaires and billionaires. My feeling is that the rich aren't doing enough to serve the common good. They should be doing much more. Paying more taxes. In an effort to narrow the gap between the rich and the poor. The war I'm proposing would be a highly moral war. A decent war. Certainly more decent than the wars we've waged in Vietnam and Iraq and Afghanistan. Those wars benefit the rich. The oil barons. And the munition makers. I'm in favor of wars that benefit the poor and the middle class at the expense of the rich. If the rich insist on selfish wars -- well, then let them be the ones that don uniforms and go and sacrifice their lives. Now they just recruit the underclasses to fight their wars. To make the ultimate sacrifice. I'd try to make the class war reasonably humane. In that I wouldn't take everything from the rich. I'd let them stay rich. Only less rich. They'd still live comfortably. All I'm asking is that the common good be served. Maybe that could be the war that ends all wars. --Jim Broede

No comments: