Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Doing each other favors.

When I am in Italy this fall and winter, I'll have a house-sitter. Back at my lake home. In Minnesota. A young man. He's unemployed. Except for odd jobs he picks up in the neighborhood. He's been living nearby. With his parents. So having him come in and live here is a win-win situation. Nice to have my place occupied. And he'll be able to take care of my cats, Loverboy and Chenuska. And keep an eye on the house. Also, he'll have privacy here. Better than living with his parents. Good for the parents, too. I also like the notion that I'm helping an unemployed man. Maybe more of us should do that. Sharing our homes with out-of-work people that can't afford their own places. In this instance, we are doing each other favors. Nice, isn't it? --Jim Broede

No comments: