Friday, September 16, 2011

I can't stop thinking.

I like to share my thoughts. That's why I have a blog. Doesn't bother me if I sound foolish. Or like an idiot. Because sometimes I am foolish. And an idiot, too. I accept that. Being myself. In good ways. And in some not-so-good ways. No reason to hide. No reason to keep quiet. I'd much rather speak my piece. Even if nobody listens. For all I know, god is listening. Or some spirit may be eavesdropping. And I don't mind talking to myself. Because I'm a good listener. I often get a kick out of listening to myself. Because I say some surprising things. Yes, I even surprise myself. I air my thoughts. Because I want to put thoughts to a test. Maybe to stir a tempest. Yes, I like it when people disagree with me. When they take umbrage. That gives me opportunities to fortify my positions on issues. Or maybe to even change my mind. Anyway, I wish more people would share their thoughts. If they don't, I begin to wonder if they really know how to think. As for me, I've discovered that I can't stop thinking. Seems to me that's why I was put on Earth. To think. If I ever stop thinking, I won't have reason to stick around. --Jim Broede

No comments: