Monday, September 26, 2011

My most prized blessing.

I'm blessed. In so very many ways. Which means that if there's a god, I must be in good-standing with him. Otherwise. I wouldn't be blessed. Or it could be, I suppose, that god even blesses people he doesn't like. He doesn't discriminate. Instead, he finds ways to bless every one. Even so-called bad people. My guess is that god blessed all of us. Merely by creating each of us in the first place. Gave us life. Consciousness. And the ability to love. To savor it all. Maybe some of us choose to not love or not to savor anything. By choice. Maybe the biggest blessing of all is to do pretty much as one pleases. God could have created robots. And not given us freedom. In other words, we can make of ourselves whatever we want. We have all sorts of choices. And opportunities. Maybe that's the biggest blessing of all. But maybe the blessing I prize the most is my imagination. I can dream and think of virtually anything. By using my imagination. --Jim Broede

No comments: